• Mon/Wed 15:30-16:45, Bldg.56 Rm.106, Slides to be available here if needed after the class.
• This course aims to help freshmen students with solid understandings in advanced high school
physics and mathematics to appreciate important concepts and connections in classical physics.
• Sister courses: Physics Experiement I (encouraged), Basic Physics I (elective)
Week 02-1. Course Introduction (slides) + Sellers for Halliday, Resnick & Walker, 11th Ed. (link)
Week 02-2. Vectors + Motion in 2/3 Dimensions (slides) + 1st Homework (pdf) + Solution (pdf)
Week 03-1. Force and Motion - I (slides)
Week 03-2. Force and Motion - II (slides)
Week 04-1. Kinetic Energy and Work (slides)
Week 04-2. Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy + 2nd Homework
Week 05-1. Center of Mass and Linear Momentum
Week 05-2. Center of Mass and Linear Momentum
Week 08-3. Midterm Exam / Apr. 21 (Fri) 19:00 (56-106; to be confirmed)
Week 15-3. Final Exam / Jun. 9 (Fri) 19:00 (Location TBD)
• We plan to utilize SNU's eTL system in three ways below:
(1) Class announcements: Please check your email regularly, and the eTL course page.
(2) Assignment submissions: Be ready to submit your homework and quiz through the assignment
submission links on the eTL course page. More information during the classes.
(3) Online lectures (if switched): Make sure to first log in to eTL, then access the Zoom online
lecture link via the course page. This is to let the eTL system check your attendance automatically.
For more information, visit etl.snu.ac.kr.