- · 1993 Ph.D. in Physics, Imperial College, London
- · 1990 M.S. in Physics, Seoul National University
- · 1988 B.S. in Physics, Seoul National University
- · 2010-Present Professor, Seoul National University
- · 2009-2010 Professor & SKKU Fellow, SungKyunKwan University
- · 2001-2009 Associate Professor, Professor, SungKyunKwan University
- · 1996-2001 Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Inha University
- · 1994-1996 Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of London
- · 1993-1994 Post-doctoral Research Assistant, Laboratoire de Magnetisme Louis Neel, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Grenoble
Our major interest lies in magnetic materials with strong correlation. We are particularly interested in discovering new materials and leading original researches. Our current researches consist of the following three topics: the discovery of new materials with strong correlation; the basic and applied researches on two-dimensional magnetic van der Waals materials; the exploration of new phenomena with spin-orbit coupling and topological physics in magnetic materials. In order to carry out these research goals, we start from synthesizing new materials to characterizing physical properties and eventually to studing structure and dynamics using X-ray and neutron scattering. Among many achievements our group has made over the years, we would like to mention two most recent works: the discovery of magnetic van der Waals materials; full understanding of magnon-magnon/phonon coupling.
Selected Publications in the last 5 years
- Interplay of Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction and single-ion anisotropy in multiferroic BiFeO3, Jaehong Jeong, Manh Duc Le, P. Bourges, S. Petit, S. Furukawa, Shin-Ae Kim, Seongsu Lee, S-W. Cheong, and Je-Geun Park, Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 107202 (2014).
- Size Dependence of Metal-Insulator Transition in Stoichiometric Fe3O4 Nanocrystals, Jisoo Lee, Soonku Kwon, Je-Geun Park, Taeghwan Hyeon, Nano Letters 15, 4337 (2015).
- Spontaneous decays of magneto-elastic excitations in noncollinear antiferromagnet (Y,Lu)MnO3, Joosung Oh, Manh Duc Le, Ho-Hyun Nahm, Hasung Sim, Jaehong Jeong, T. G. Perring, Hyungje Woo, Kenji Nakajima, Seiko Ohira-Kawamura, Zahra Yamani, Y. Yoshida, H. Eisaki, S.-W. Cheong, A. L. Chernyshev, and Je-Geun Park, Nature Communications 7, 13146 (2016).
- Ising-Type Magnetic Ordering in Atomically Thin FePS3, Jae-Ung Lee, Sungmin Lee, Ji Hoon Ryoo, Soonmin Kang, Tae Yun Kim, Pilkwang Kim, Cheol-Hwan Park, Je-Geun Park, and Hyeonsik CheongNano Lett, 6b03052 (2016)
- Charge-spin correlation and self-doped ground state in van der Waals antiferromagnet NiPS3 , So Yeun Kim, Tae Yun Kim, Luke J. Sandilands, Soobin Sinn, Min-Cheol Lee, Jaeseok Son, Sungmin Lee, Ki-Young Choi, Wondong Kim, Byeong-Gyu Park, C. Jeon, Hyeong-Do Kim, Cheol-Hwan Park, Je-Geun Park, S. J. Moon, T. W. NohPhys. Rev. Lett. 120, 136402 (2018)
- Magnetism in two-dimensional van der Waals materials , Kenneth S. Burch,David Mandrus &Je-Geun Park, Nature 563, 47-52 (2018)